Saturday, July 13, 2013

Portraits of my Parents

I love taking photos of my parents.  I usually photograph them when I get a new camera. They never say no, but sometimes you can tell they don't want to have their photo taken.  My mom always has an excuse.  Either she doesn't have any makeup, or she just got home from work, or she's wearing the wrong clothes for a photograph.  Nevertheless, I always manage to get them in front of my camera.  I usually take anywhere from two to five photos, it all depends on the media I'm using.  By the second photo, they want to get up and leave, but I usually manage to get them to stay.  I start with the traditional portrait.  After that I tell them to look elsewhere or to do something they want to do.  After that I tell them to do something funny, my dad follows this one pretty good.  My mom just stares at me. I like to shoot my dad in black and white, don't ask me why.  And my mom in color, again, don't ask me why.  Here you'll see the progression of a portrait for each of them. These were taken with a Yashica Mat 124G using Kodak Ektar film.


"The Traditional Portrait" by Jesse Acosta

"Look Elsewhere Portrait" by Jesse Acosta

"Do Something Funny Portrait" by Jesse Acosta

"The Traditional Portrait" by Jesse Acosta

"Look Elsewhere Portrait" by Jesse Acosta

"Do Something Funny Portrait" By Jesse Acosta


No comments:

Post a Comment